Friday 11 November 2011

Cannonball Run Day 6; this day in 1990


Woke up at 10.30am and got ready to go and meet Denise but everyone wanted to go and look for a van. Necessary, of course, but I was still a bit miffed all the same.

Got back into town late afternoon and I took the bike to see if she might still be on the beach. No luck!

Took a walk into town on my own - jeez, it's a hell of a long way and it is PITCH black - scary! Still no sign of the girl so I walked back up the hill at 2am and went to bed knackered.

A nothing day really.

(Note: a "nothing day"? How quickly I forgot that it was winter back home, I was young and carefree and I was just setting out on a walkabout - as Mick Dundee would call it - starting in California! What a dope!)

(pic to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment