Tuesday 15 November 2011

Cannonball Run Day 10; this day in 1990


Well today was more or less spent in the same way as yesterday. I opened a bank account with the Bank of America, then went for a walk of about four miles.

Went into "Gabby's" at about 4pm and introduced myself to this guy called Jay; a really nice bloke. We played pool against him until about 1.30am the next morning.

I found out that on Tuesday night, his brother had been beaten up and a Mexican guy had pulled a 9mm pistol and taken shots at the bar, so we ended up waiting for them to come back but they didn't show.

(Note: WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING??? I can remember this night vividly - I can only put it down to the stupidity of youth, stand by your (new) mates and all that clap-trap!)

Anyway, took some photos; me, Jay, Monique and their dog.

George and Kim stayed at John and Paulette's and I kipped in the van on my own.

BLISS!

No comments:

Post a Comment