Friday 2 December 2011

Cannonball Run Day 27; this day in 1990


Woke up to G & K getting in the van. Apparently they had a great night. We got dressed, washed some more clothes and after getting a keyring off Tom, we got on our way.

Went on a ferry to get off Galveston Island and drove through some unbelievably heavy fog. An uneventful drive - took some photos of some lightning, don't know if they'll come out - and then landed in the middle of it. Don't know how we slept through the incredible rain and thunder. The lightning lit up the whole sky.

Scary!

Had a dream about a certain N.Butty.

(note; good grief Peppermint Patty, now THERE is a blast from even deeper into the past, not without embarrassment either. Unless I'm very much mistaken, I think this refers to my English teacher Nicola Butterworth (nee Lang). It's possible that every boy of a certain age in my school had a crush on this woman. I remember her coming back from one particular school summer holiday with a different surname and not being able to work out why. Naturally I was devastated to find out she'd married a Mr Butterworth (the swine) but this didn't stop me getting a good O level grade in my end of school exams, just to show her what a mistake she was making, marrying some bloke who might not have an English O level!!

Thanks Miss - I still enjoy writing, thanks to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment