Sunday 8 May 2011

"Man does the job he's paid to do"


Didn't I tell you?

Didn't I??

Didn't I tell you that the press wouldn't leave William and Kate alone for five minutes, so they could get on with their lives?

I did, didn't I?

It's right there, in black or white in my previous .... oh no, hang on, no I didn't, silly me. I meant to. But clearly didn't.

I can imagine the conversations between the young couple after he'd asked her to marry him.

"Look Kate, my family and the press haven't got a great history. You've probably been told what happened with my Mum back in the 90's, I'm sure your parents are worried about similar happening to you. Perhaps you should take some time to think about what you're getting yourself in to before you answer".

Apparently the Queen had a quiet word with William, saying she thought it would be a good idea if they stayed out of the public eye for a while, just like she did when she first married Prince Philip - he was posted to Malta for two years - and she described them as the 'happiest years of her life'.

(crikey, listen to me, I sound like Grazia magazine!)

This seems highly unlikely. I doubt even a court injunction will stop the press from stalking and taking pictures of the young newlyweds.

Having said that,
this story made me smile. Let me get this straight; Prince William, a trained search and rescue helicopter pilot, has, and I quote, "saved a ... man, a week after his wedding".

Is that right?

So, a person (ok then, the future King) who has spent the last two years of his life training to fly a search and rescue chopper, suddenly makes the news for ... erm ... searching for and rescuing some other persons?

What next?

"Sainsbury's employee stacks shelf" shocker??

"Kwik Fit Fitter changes tyre and offers free balancing" scandal???

I'll leave you with a picture of me coming in to land my privately owned Bell Jetranger in the grounds of my Hampshire estate.





But it might not be.

No comments:

Post a Comment