Tuesday 10 May 2011

I'll huff and I'll puff ...


Being the Top Dad that I am, it's only natural that I would want to mark the passing of a special date for my children.

Like, it would be out of the question to miss the actual date and post the day after the event. It is for this reason that I forgot to post last night, telling you all about my daughter's birthday. Actually, I didn't forget as such, I was just rather pooped and needed desparately to go to sleep.

Simple as that.

Thanks to my hiatus last year, I realise I didn't offer up a celebratory post in Annabel's honour, something I have to admit to regretting. Still, I'm back on course now, so I'm sorry Missy - I hope you forgive me (when you're old enough to care less, of course!)

6 years old, I can hardly believe it. You are looking so lovely, so grown up, you're getting sweeter every day.

Annabel wanted a count down chart to her big day so we copied the cover of one of her favourite books - How many Sleeps - which tells the story of a little mouse who counts down to his birthday by asking his mother, surprise surprise, how many sleeps left until his big day.

It was lovely watching Annabel rushing to her chart each morning, pen in hand, the excitement mounting as the days passed.

And now it's been and gone.


Happy birthday sweet-pea.

We love you muchos
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment