Sunday 5 June 2011

"We're in the money ..."


I like to think that I normally pop up on these pages just to discuss random bits and pieces. Yes, to inform you of this or that, yes, sometimes to brag about my children's exploits or achievements.

I like to think, however, that I don't usually (if ever) brag about my own goings on - please get in touch and correct me if I'm wrong!

But today, brag I must, for I am more than a little excited.

About a month ago, I received an email through my Flickr account. It read thus;

Hello

I work for a company called *****, supplying medical equipment to hospitals. The *************** in Kent is a customer of ours and we have recently begun an advertising campaign about our customers. I have seen a photo of yours (referenced above) which I think would be a really effective logo for this customer.

Is there anyway we would be able to use it for this purposes?

Many thanks

**********************

Well, many emails went back and forth over the next few weeks until, very recently, we finally agreed the finer details.

So, if I can just put bragging about not bragging aside for just one minute, I have been approached by an advertising company, asking to use one of MY photographs, in a marketing campaign for a certain sector of the NHS in the coming months!!

Yes, they paid me (not much, I admit), of course I said yes, and it feels great!

Perhaps you're wondering what amazing picture it is, what kind of picture gets chosen for advertising campaigns, the light, the angle, the close up, the subject etc.

Well, erm, this is it.





Yep, that's it.

No action shot, no clever lighting (apart from that amazing light reflecting off the clouds, that is), just a simple picture I took several years ago, on a trip to a farm in the Garden of England, several years ago.

So there.

If you haven't got your photographs, mundane or otherwise, uploaded to this marvellous entity we call the internet, then get 'em up there.

You never know where they might lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment