Monday 6 June 2011

Cleanliness is next to Godliness


Yes, and with this is mind, I thought I'd better get my bottom into gear and sort our house out. I like to think we keep our house clean on a fairly regular basis, but you know what it's like when you're expecting people around.

Lots and lots of people, that is.

You want the place super clean, you want it dust free, you want it sweet smelling, you want it ... well, you get the idea!

Sunday will be Joseph's first Holy Communion (as a general rule, I try to keep politics and religion off these pages, but as these pages are essentially a reference point for Joseph and Annabel when either, a) they're looking back when they're older, or b) I'm incapacitated, I feel the need to note down important goings on), and so I want the place to be looking sharp!

Well, I have to tell you that I thought I would clean the whole house in 1 day. what actually happened, was that I cleaned the kitchen and dining room in 8 hours (weep), and the front room and the hallway in .... wait for it ..... another 9 hours!!!

If I ever see another bottle of Pledge, I may hit you with it!!!

It'll be worth it though.

I'll let you know how things go (but I've already seen my son in his suit and he looks ..... well, I'm biased, of course, but he looks so handsome, so grown up ....... I think I'll put a hankie in my suit pocket now, just in case I forget on the day.


Y'know, when I was little, I thought that God lived in the rays of sunshine, like the pic below.




Circa 2003, Beirut, Lebanon.

No comments:

Post a Comment